With greater power comes greater responsibility. And there is no greater responsibility than the power of choosing life over death. When you carry a concealed firearm, you carry the power of life and death. Having this power, legally and morally, subjects you to the highest standard of conduct. If you value your freedom, your life and the lives of those whom you love, this book, written by Dr. Bruce Eimer, an NRA Certified Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor and Licensed Clinical Psychologist, is a must read. It is based on Dr. Eimer’s highly successful Armed Senior Citizen Column in Concealed Carry Magazine which is published by the United States Concealed Carry Association.
By reading this book, you will learn these 14 things and much much more:
- How to carry a gun responsibly
- The “good person code”
- Psychological and physical preparation for surviving a street fight
- Setting up a home defense plan
- Defenses against getting car jacked
- Defensive handgun fundamentals
- How to choose the right handgun and concealment holster for you
- How to train for a gunfight
- How to select the right defensive firearms instructor
- The judicious use of force and deadly force
- Concealed carry basics
- Effective pocket carry
- Handling post shooting trauma
- The mindset that will enable you to avoid confrontations and trouble
The judicious carry and deployment of firearms for self defense demands a good attitude, a specific body of knowledge, knowing what the essential tools are for your specific circumstances, the proper body of skills, and a firm understanding of the issues that spell the difference between life and death, freedom and incarceration.
This book is the thinking person’s guide to concealed carry. It is organized into five sections:
- Essential Attitude and Mindset
- Essential Knowledge
- Essential Tools
- Essential Skills
- Special Issues
Knowledge is power if it is used wisely. Get this book, read it, and learn what you need to know to become a more resourceful and powerful defender.